They’re usually big life changing things like learn a new language, start a new exercise regime, write a book, start volunteering or take a trip on the Trans-Siberian express – and they always leave me feeling overwhelmed.
This year I want to make New Week‘s resolutions. Bite sized, mini resolutions that I can accomplish in a week and tick off a list. (A very pretty list, I’ll have you know, located in my brand new Frankie diary – a gift from my friend Suzanne.)
Things like, this week I will:
* Learn how to make Parmesan crumbed lamb chops
* Buy meat from my local butcher instead of the supermarket
* Learn how to say “I love your bicycle” in Italian
* Research and try a new South African wine
* Watch (or rewatch) one film on the TIFF Essential 100 Best Films of all Time list
* Walk to my local library on a Saturday morning and take out a book on Dinosaurs/Astronomy/The History of the Moustache
* Ask friends to sponsor a tree in my name instead of buying me a birthday gift
* Give my mom a foot massage
* Tell my husband he’s the bee’s knees
* Say “Wow, I’m blessed” more often
Well here’s to a new Year, a newish week and a new way of looking at resolutions.
Mmm I wonder if this means I can celebrate New Week’s Eve with bubbly every Sunday?
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” ~Robert Brault